Consistent support, continuous reassurance, comfort, education, encouragement and respect. Those are just some of the powerful words to describe the work of a doula. Choosing a doula is one of the most important decisions you will make as parents. For more benefits of a doula, visit our FAQ page.
Your complete doula package includes:
- Complimentary initial visit
- Unlimited telephone and email support throughout your pregnancy
- Check-in phone calls/emails after every visit with your care provider
- Two prenatal home visits (approx. 2 hours each) to become acquainted with each other, go over your birth preferences, discuss comfort measures, practice labor positions, prepare your birth bag, and answer any questions you and your partner might have.
- On-Call 24/7 from your 38th week until the arrival of your baby
- Continuous presence of emotional and physical support during your labor and delivery
- Birth photography with your camera or ours during labor/delivery, if desired
- Immediate postpartum support for 1-2 hours after delivery (includes breastfeeding support, if desired)
- A postpartum home visit approximately 2 weeks after delivery to discuss your birth, assist with breastfeeding or other postpartum questions, provide additional resources, and of course, to admire your new baby!
Every birth is different and the complete doula package is tailored to meet your needs. Please contact us to discuss fees. All people deserve a doula.
Promoting birth as a normal, physiological process, these comprehensive classes prepare pregnant people and their partners for labor, birth and the immediate postpartum. Classes are open to the birthing parent and support partner.
Interested in private or small group (2-4 couples) classes held in your home? Please contact Samantha for more information.
- The pregnant body in the 3rd trimester
- Anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages and phases of labor
- Pain coping techniques
- The non-gestational parent’s role
- Understanding medical procedures and interventions
- Cesarean birth and prevention
- Postpartum care
Lavender Labor and Birth Services is proud to offer LGBTQ childbirth education classes in Los Angeles. These classes are open to all genders and family constructs and will address the circumstances around each birth environment (hospital, home, birth center).
We teach evidence-based childbirth education and do not subscribe to one “method” of birth as there is no one right way to have a baby. Resources and references to inclusive perinatal service providers will be given to students. It is the goal of these classes to address not only the many factors of pregnancy and birth but to also provide a space in which there is a sensitivity and celebration of gender identities, gender expressions, and family framework.